2008年12月4日 星期四

A Slice of Italy Across the Sea

THE sexy scene could have been mistaken for Cannes or Monaco. On a clear Tuesday last August, the cobblestone promenade in the coastal town of Piran was filled with well-tanned men sitting under thatched umbrellas, watching a collection of topless bronzed women splayed across the rocky beach. The vroom of Vespas could be heard zipping through the town’s mazelike alleys.

My Reaction:
As far as I am concerned, I don’t have a lot of chances to travel abroad. When I saw this report and the pictures of the Piran in the Slovenia, it gives me a special feeling because I have never seen the medieval town. Therefore, after I saw it, I really want to take a trip to some well-known medieval towns to understand their history, architectures, people, food and cultures. Through taking the tour, we can totally know the development of the town and fit into the local culture.
Besides, in Taiwan, it is seldom for us to see such beautiful beach. Because of the pollutions growing worse and worse, coasts in Taiwan gradually lose their beautiful outlooks. In other words, they are not beautiful as they were before. Factories, companies and other modern buildings have invaded the ecology of the sea shores. As a consequence, every time I go to the beach, I can see so much garbage and trash thrown by people without morality instead of some magnificent scenery and clean sea or ocean. We should take actions with our government to protect our sea coasts in Taiwan. If we keep polluting and breaking them, we will never be likely to see clean sea and the beach can not be beautiful anymore.(214 words)

沒有留言: